Friday, August 26, 2011

Eat and be Filled

Galatians 5:16 says;
“I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh”.
When I think of this verse I think of the appetite our flesh has. Like with any appetite it screams to be fed. Thinking of it this way gives you a picture; what are you eating, what are you feasting on? What you crave, desire and lust for, is what you will eat.

You see, this battle can get easier because you can replace old desires and old appetites. How, you ask? Seek the Lord and feast on His Word! It says in Psalm 34:8
“Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good...”!

God’s word is a feast for every occasion, totally satisfying and will regenerate the starved soul. I ask you to read Psalm 119, there you will find many blessed verses that speak to the importance and guidance of the Word of God. Its says in verse 9 a young man cleanses his way by taking heed to the Word. Verse 11 talks about hiding the Word in our hearts so that we might not sin. Verse 105 says the Word is a lamp to our feet. There are many more but I think you get the idea that the Word of the Lord will fill every appetite.

You see when I am hungry I often reach for chips, candy... Thats not what my body needs, it needs nourishment. The same is true with spiritual things. You see if you feed the flesh with the lusts of the flesh it says in;
Proverbs 1:30-31
“They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I corrected them. Therefore, they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way”.
When we reject God’s counsel, God’s Word we will eat the bitter fruit of our way. Make it point today to come and change your appetite and feed on the Word! Remember, “Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good...”!



Blessings.

Darrel

No comments:

Post a Comment